Welcome to my travel blog. We are occasional cruisers, usually with the aim of travelling at least once each year.

Previously I have published each cruise with a separate blog. I have now decided to combine them all in a single location. This blogs primary purpose is to keep a summary of our cruises for ourselves.
The Brisbane ship tab is a list of upcoming ships into Brisbane for the ship watcher enthusiast. The photo tab are cruise ship photos. World cruise blog tab has links to follow, making it easier if you access the blog by a mobile device and can't see my reading list on the right.

Tuesday 20 December 2016

18th December 2016: Cruise day 2

With disturbed sleep the night before, we were very slow moving today. Breakfast was in the Waterfront restaurant and it was busy with the rest of the ship having a sleep in and late start. It's holiday time and we had no plans. I had the corn fritters with salmon and avocado. Yummy. I like to have something different to what I would've had at home.
As this is the "food and wine" cruise there are heaps of workshops to attend for a fee. I gave them a miss and went to the demo in the marquee theatre. Fantastic. The first freebie was Prue Daly from Grass Tree Kitchen. Very entertaining, she was great.


In the afternoon I caught the demo by the two pommies from MKR, Will and Steve.  They were great too and have another 2 sessions on Monday.


H and I played trivia in the afternoon. We were a long way from winning but was fun anyway.
Tonight was formal/Gatsby night. We could only get a shared table at 8:30pm and requirement of long pants for H. Woops!, he didn't pack any so it was buffet and grill for us.
Tonight's show was the Velvet Rope. It's a good show but IMHO each song goes for way too long to keep the story moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment