Welcome to my travel blog. We are occasional cruisers, usually with the aim of travelling at least once each year.

Previously I have published each cruise with a separate blog. I have now decided to combine them all in a single location. This blogs primary purpose is to keep a summary of our cruises for ourselves.
The Brisbane ship tab is a list of upcoming ships into Brisbane for the ship watcher enthusiast. The photo tab are cruise ship photos. World cruise blog tab has links to follow, making it easier if you access the blog by a mobile device and can't see my reading list on the right.

Tuesday 15 November 2016

Cruise to nowhere

A bit of a last minute decision, I have decided to book a brief 3 night cruise to nowhere from Brisbane. Billed as a food and wine cruise I'm really considering it a sleep, eat, read, do nothing cruise. A mini break from the year before the Christmas break.

All the inside cabins were fully booked, but I have scored a guarantee obstructed view so fingers crossed for the up-grade fairy. The only time we have received an up-grade was our second cruise in 2011 to a slightly higher deck. I like to choose my cabin and lock it in, but for 3 nights and no ports, I thought I'd take my chances with a guarantee cabin.

The cruise ship is the Pacific Dawn. We have sailed a number of times on the Pacific Dawn as Brisbane is its home port. Travel insurance is paid, just hoping for clear weather and calm seas. Bring on December 17th, 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment